Friday, February 12, 2016

Baby sized kilts for the twins

In a refreshing change of pace, I decided to make a kilt for each of my twin grandsons. They are 3.5 months old, and once I got some basic measurements it was all simple and fun. The bottom hem of the flannel shirt made a wonderful curved front edge::








Front and back. I took 5 pleats with two seams to hold them in place. All edges are hemmed with a tight zigzag:




One twin Matthew, the elder, is slightly smaller than Christopher the younger, so one waist is 17" and one is  19". I added extra snaps and width so they can grow with them for a while, and they did turn out great.



Matthew:


Christopher:






This was seriously too much fun! I hope their birthday Mommy has a wonderful Valentine's Day birthday celebration!

I also did a little of this, and at this writing it is sewn together:






made from these snow dyes:



And I also did this:





From the 4 twirled ice dyed pieces from the end run of my snow dyeing experience recently. You can find that entry previous to this one.

I'll hook up with Nina Marie and Off the Wall Friday:

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Stay warm!! Spring is up next!!

Sue

1 comment: