Friday, November 21, 2014

This has been an exciting week! Our Quiltart challenge, Dia de los Muertos 2014, has been published this week, and can be seen here:

www.quiltart.com/dia

My own piece, 'My Ofrenda' along with my statement about my inspiration and methods can be seen along with the 15 other artists who responded to the theme of the Mexican holiday Dia de los Muertos, Day of the Dead, celebrated Oct 31 - Nov 2, particularly Nov 2, or All Souls Day:


    
                       *********************************************************



Here are a few pictures of my kitchen work spaces:








I love my kitchen/studio/nursery/workspace. It's small. We live in a smallish cottage and even so I really think I have the best of all worlds except a dedicated eating table. We are casual here. It's all good until the cats want to bask under the lights on top of whatever I'm working on.

What I'm working on:





Cloister Garden is almost there. It is very fluid til its quilted down.  I already see a change that will happen. This part is fun for me, but somehow, as usual, I feel like I'm doing the process backwards. I've cut large background rectangles which means unpinning most of it, but I shouldn't complain because I am happy while doing it. Then the sandwiching, and then the quilting begins. It's moving right along. I have the Sacred Threads deadline in mind.

Here is Fritzy, one of our cats. She and Smokie drink from the glass pitcher on the window sill and pretty much no where else. They are fascinated with running water but not fans of being wet:



They will be nine years old next month. They'd been abandoned in the street out front and we found them and they moved in.

I'm linking to Nina Marie's Off the Wall Friday, where there are lots of current blogs to peruse!
 
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com

In the season of giving thanks, I wish you peace.

Sue

2 comments:

  1. I love the piece you are working on at the moment and will be watching to see it finished. Your workspace looks pretty good to be - very well organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always considered myself to make neat messes, Kaja! Thanks!

      Delete