Friday, June 5, 2015

Surface design from a surface design

I started 'Golden Memories' some months ago. I got this far:


At this point I was a bit stuck. Fortune smiled when I attended the April SAQA PA meeting. The suggestion was made to echo the far upper rightside, purple image. (Does anyone else say left when they mean right, and vice versa, too?) It reminds me of a shadowy sense of friends sitting together, part of which inspired the title's piece. Per the suggestion to echo the images, I am working on a stencil:



The plan is to make the stencil using a razor cutter, practice a method of dabbing paint that will resemble the original, and then implement the design. I've thought of reducing the size and trying it in differing sizes and places. There really is only so much room for this treatment though, so I'd rather be editorial in advance, and see how it goes.

I'm hooking up with Nina Marie's Off The Wall Friday:

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Hope you are having success in your undertakings!

Sue

5 comments:

  1. I can definitely see the group of friends in that image. It will be fascinating to see how the stencil impact the piece. I look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting idea. Be sure to show us the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought so too. And it is very nice to have people to bounce ideas off of again! I have missed that. Thanks for your interest Norma.

      Delete
  3. I too can see your group of friends and this is a really interesting approach to take with this piece. I hope you will show us how this goes as you develop it.

    ReplyDelete