Saturday, December 19, 2015

A look back at the work of 2015

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and days of Auld Lang Syne? For Auld Lang Syne, ma dears, for Auld Lang Syne, we'll drink a cup o' kindness yet, for auld lang syne"

These words give me shivers, for they speak of the great flowing river of humanity of which I am a part. The turn of the year approaches, and a glance at the past twelve months is appropriate.

In chronological order:

A handquilted patchwork that just got finished and is a gift:






Another patchwork that is in process:






A strippy for handquilting, which is now in the hoop:




"Ladybug Invasion!" :





I revisited a decade old design:








"Golden Memories" in process:





I began 'Memories of Roses' in mid summer when the wild roses are in bloom up and down the lane. I carved stamps, bought used black styled cotton shirts, use bleach discharge and then fabric markers or paint to create each tile:
























A quilt for my girl Gretchen, who had twins in October:




This is the last quilt I will finish in 2015, so I believe. It is for my beautiful grandaughter Jasmine:





I made this fabric twine yesterday:





I stumbled over this and wondered how I'd missed it so long. Perfect for long strips of fabric about an inch wide, its a 'twist-twist-twist' away from you, then wrap it over the 2nd strand, towards you. Opposing tension, its like hand plying. Three S wraps one way and a Z wrap the other way. I found it here:

http://mypoppet.com.au/makes/2014/04/scrapbusting-handmade-scrap-fabric-twine.html

Brilliant!

I'm going to hook up with Nina Maries Off the Wall Fridays:

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Happy, Merry Everything to you as the new year turns and the sunlight returns once again

Love, Sue







No comments:

Post a Comment